Nursery Room Leader
We are looking for a qualified Room Leader qualified to Level 3 standard or higher to join a beautiful 60 place nursery in Forest Hill.
You as the New Room Leader will be joining an expanding team of childcare professionals working with either the pre-school or toddlers room, who can lead a team of 2-3 staff.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Room Leader is responsible for the day-to-day running of their room and supporting the management team in leading the setting to ensure that high-quality childcare is provide to all. The Room Leader is expected to fulfil any duty as required for the effective running of the setting.
* Working as part of a team and using your initiative and imagination to generate new ideas.
* A positive, calm and caring approach used at all times.
* Be prepared and willing to liaise with parents, daily, about the care and progress of their children in a care and professional way.
* You will be responsible for organising appropriate activities and making regular observations covering all areas of development, which must support, underpin and keep up to date their development record
* Planning, implementing and evaluating a curriculum appropriate to age and individual needs of the children ensuring the room layout support these aims
* Liaising with other Room Leaders and the Management Team in regular staff meetings to discuss matters needing attention.
* Delegating tasks to specific members of staff
All Candidate must have:
* A NVQ Level 3 in Childcare and Education or equivalent and or higher
* Have relevant experience within an Early Years setting as a Room Leader
* A good understanding of the EYFS and Safeguarding and to be able to use this to plan activities for the children
* Experience of participating in Ofsted inspections.
* Excellent leadership skills
*Knowledge of Health and Safety requirements in early years (essential)
* Excellent communication skills both written verbal
* The ability to lead a team as a Room Leader
* Excellent team skills
* Ability to use initiative
* A passion for the Early Years
Salary £18,790 – £20,124 per annual
Monday to Friday 8am until 6pm
This is a permanent full time 40 hours a week all year round
** This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and Year years references **
** Please send your CV as soon as possible to discuss the Room Leader opportunity and available and to arrange an interview for as soon as you are available **